Structure? Strength programming?

Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0

Workout of the Day



Kettlebell Tabata

20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, each exercise for a total of 8 intervals. Totals 4 minutes of each movement, must complete the 8 intervals to continue to the next.



Kettlebell Swing

Kettlebell Sumo-deadlift high pull (SDHP)

Kettlebell Front Squat

Kettlebell Press





Nothing too intelligent is coming out of me today. Its early and I somehow have a lot of errands to run today. Today is going to be an exciting day. I start training my wrestlers over in Rockland County at my parents house! True maverick CrossFit! They will be my true test, and even somewhat of an experiment for me. With this group, I am actually going a little bit away from my normal CrossFit methods and switching over to more odd objects, strongman, CrossFit football, and sports-specific training. My main reason for doing so is that I want to yield the strongest, most powerful, bad ass wrestlers that Section 1 has ever seen. I love CrossFit and its methods, but it is clearly not designed to produce the most explosive athletes. CrossFit football attempts to, but I think its missing something. Sports-specific training periodizes to the point to where you are progressing at an underachieving rate. I have already trained athletes who have had their deadlift and squat increase 40lbs. and are proficient in every Olympic lift, power lift, and all of CrossFit movements in just 8 weeks! Show me a sports performance program that can yield those results. What I am attempting to do is make a solid universal strength program that can be used specifically for explosive athletes like wrestlers, football players, rugby, etc. I have a solid foundation or "fundamentals" program to make sure we are progressing safely. These kids are the perfect candidates for my experiment because they are young, hungry, hard workers, and extremely coach-able. I truly couldn't have asked for better kids to train. If their results do not meet my expectations, than I know I have to revamp my programming. I doubt that though. I have done too much research, put in too much thought, and I will not fail them. If there are any CrossFitters in Rockland or Westchester, especially athletes, who would like to be a part of what I will call "The Machine Project", just shout me an email or comment. I'll periodically keep you updated on their results!



Stay classy,



Coach A.





Get used to agony!


Visit sicfit.com for more Videos












0 comments: