Columbus Day weekend events

Posted: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0


Workout of the Day

Complete 50 squat cleans (135/95lbs.) for time with 5 burpees at the start of every minute.

- Courtesy of CrossFit Westchester


Today’s WOD is going to suck. I did it yesterday and my heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest. It is pretty brutal, same style as the workout "Kalsu", which we will be seeing some time next week :). It was a good reality check for me, considering I have not hit a good met-con in about 2 weeks. On my restful Columbus Day, I got my annual physical exam. Not to my own surprise, my blood pressure came back very low 118/70. For those of you who do not know, that is VERY good. When I get my blood work back in a few days I will post up the rest of my results. I predict everything will be in above average ranges. And Dr. Ozz and those bozos say that eating bacon and eggs everyday is setting me up for a heart attack! Psh… I can’t wait to get my results back so I can rave about how eating more animal fat and lowering my carbohydrate intake has in fact made me a healthier human being.

Oh, I also took my CrossFit Level 1 Trainer’s certification test on Sunday. At first I was very annoyed that I had to get there and sit through the programming lecture and the Q & A lecture. After listening to both lectures, it refreshed my memory quite a bit and got me back down to the basics when it comes to programming. “Live your life in couplets and triplets”. In other words, the majority of your workouts should constitute two or three functional movements. The time and task priorities can be set in a countless number of variations. The only thing I thought that was kind of weird was when a person asked, “what is the normal time length of a CrossFit workout?” Pat Sheerwood, the dude running the certification, response was 15-20 minutes. Umm… if I followed the CrossFit main page strictly, I know for a fact the majority of the workouts would not take me 15-20 minute to complete. I’d say more close to a 10-15 minute range, which I personally think is more appropriate. Maybe Pat’s response was for your “average CrossFitter”. Anyhow, the lectures were great, covering things such as scaling for people with injuries, fitness levels, and experience. Overall, going to CrossFit Virtuosity in Brooklyn for the CFL1 test was a very motivating experience. Not to mention just an absolute cool, big, bad ass box!

Stay classy,

Coach A.


CrossFit Virtuousity in Brooklyn... absolutely awesome box!


0 comments: