Caffeine rehab update!

Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0



Workout of the Day



Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3



5 rounds, 30 seconds each station:



Kettlebell swings, 35/53lbs.

Double Unders (x3 single, if you cannot do a double under)

Deadlift, 135/185lbs.

Ball Slams, 20lbs ball

Burpees



Take a 30 second rest in between rounds. Each rep is 1 point, add up reps to get final score. This is a "gone bad" style WOD... I think I'm going to call it "Good girls, Gone bad!" (after a cobra starship song).



NO CROSSFIT CLASSES ON FRIDAY! I'll be at the Empire State Games in buffalo coaching my two athletes to glory. So, some time last week I checked myself into caffeine rehab. Here are some physiological and mental updates since I have taken it out of my diet. For the first few days physically, I felt sluggish and lethargic, but performance did not suffer as much as I had anticipated. Mentally, I did feel a little "blah" but depression was not an issue. This was a big surprised because I was a mental wreck last time I stopped using caffeine. My guess is because since I was at a much lower dose of caffeine this time around, the mental dependence was not as big. As of the moment I feel great without caffeine, my energy levels are good, and performance is still awesome. I'll admit that I did take in some caffeinated beverages Friday and Saturday night and let me tell you, WOW. I was banana sandwiches both nights, I even danced bachata! My advice to caffeine addicts: do yourself a favor and make caffeine an occasional thing. I recommend caffeine for athletic performance, however, using it everyday diminishes the effect. Your body gets a quick tolerance to caffeine and does not enjoy being without that stimulating feeling. BReeZe!



Stay classy,



Coach A.



Jacob "The Serial Killer" Berkowitz... Check out that face!



0 comments: