Making equipment

Posted: Friday, July 2, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0

Workout of the Day

"FRAN"
21-15-9
95lbs. Thrusters
Pullups

Enjoy!

I apologize for the early afternoon post, I forgot my laptop at my apartment. I just finished torturing my Rockland athletes, with a sweet deadlift workout. Now I just need to get some more equipment! Here is a list of things I plan on making: 20lbs. medicine balls, rings, parallets, 24" boxes, fat bars, and weighted vests. Its actually pretty easy and extremely cost effective to make your own stuff. Plus its fun and you feel pretty damn cool after. For most of the stuff all you need is pvc pipe, duck tape, and google. I've already made a set of parallets and gymnastic rings, which I carry around in my trunk along with my Kan Jam set. If and when I open up my own training facility, most of the equipment is going to be built. Screw buying it new. Waste of money, in my opinion. Some neat equipment that I do plan on purchasing this summer includes: pushing/pulling sled, resistance bands, and a sledgehammer. I really want to get a flip tire, but I don't know if that will be feasible. The rents simply do not have room to store that big thing. I have been meaning to post an article on ketosis and insulin resistance, but I am digging up a few more things to make sure my facts are correct. Hopefully by Monday, if my brain is functioning, I will have something intelligent to say. Check out how spastic I am on the rings during the workout I did yesterday!

Stay classy,

Coach A.

0 comments: