I forgot to mention this week is testing week!

Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0

Workout of the day

Gymnastics Total

Max reps:

Pullups
Pushups
Handstand pushups
Squats (1 minute)
Sit-ups (1 minute)
L-Sit or Tuck (max seconds)

This whole week is just going to be testing different physical areas. Yesterday, I decided to go with the CrossFit Football Total over the regular CrossFit total for obvious reasons (I only train athletes). It will be interesting to see how my athlete's do with bodyweight movements. The squats and sit-ups I set a time limit of one minute because we can pretty much do those exercises for minutes on end. As you build up stronger more powerful legs and core, you will be able to bang out more reps faster. There is no time limit from the upperbody movements because its pretty damn hard to bust out reps after a minute of continuous movement. Get it? I am currently digging up some research on the pros/cons of milk for the athlete. Milk is not included in the Paleo diet, as cavemen were not sucking the teet of cows quite yet. There is a lot of back and forth blah blah on milk, which has baffled me for a little while now. Hopefully I will have that done sometime this week.

Stay classy,

Coach A.

My little intro lesson to my 5th graders on the Paleo diet haha

0 comments: