Checking myself back into caffeine rehab

Posted: Monday, July 12, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0

Workout of the Day

CF Football Total

Power Clean 1 Rep
Squat 1 Rep
Bench 1 Rep
Deadlift 1 Rep

*Perform a single maximal effort for the lifts listed above.
*After warm-ups, 3 attempts are allowed.
*Total must be done in the specified order.
*Combine all 4 lifts to create CF Football Total


Another great weekend! Now back to business. For a little while now, I have been completely off pre-workout supplements. I even limited the amount of coffee I drank per day. Between the two, I would say I was consuming around 500mg of caffeine per day to function. As most of us know, you build a tolerance to caffeine and you can do so quite quickly. I now find myself in a very similar situation. I only drink 1 big cup of coffee per day and the stimulating effects of caffeine are starting to fade. I have two options. One, I up my caffeine intake and chase this "high". Two, I cut off coffee for a little while to lower my tolerance. Last time I did my caffeine rehab I was pretty dull and miserable for about 2 weeks. I had a legit physical addiction to caffeine. It not only effected my performance, but it got me into an almost depressing mood. I felt lethargic, unenthusiastic, and had very poor mental clarity. Today was my last cup of coffee, so tomorrow starts my journey. I predict this caffeine clean out will not be as bad as the previous one, since the dosage is much less than half of what I was consuming before. Readers, be prepared for a boring week or two. For caffeine addicts, do yourself a favor and check yourself in, permanent damage to your adrenal glands are never a good thing!

Stay classy,

Coach A.


This has nothing to do with fitness, but it is too damn funny:

0 comments: