Things I hate...

Posted: Thursday, July 1, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0

Workout of the Day

"Ringworm"

Seven rounds for time:

7- Ring pullups
7- Muscle ups
7- Ring dips
7- Ring pushups

There's no way I'm waking up earlier to post and I won't be near a computer until the evening. So I figured this would be the best time for me to post something, since I'll be pretty busy all morning and afternoon. This is going to be one of my many random posts. Note, some future posts may be completely irrelevant to fitness/nutrition/sports.
I would love for a globo meathead to read this. This post is dedicated to the globo meatheads who really don't know a thing about fitness. Before I start, if your SOLE purpose of going to the gym is to look good, then bodybuilding is probably your best bet. On the other hand, why just look good and not be able to do functional tasks efficiently? Bodybuilding does very little for your strength, coordination, balance, muscular endurance, stamina, accuracy, power, cardio, and agility. Why body build and just settle for looks when you can have looks and be awesome at life by hitting all modal domains (CrossFit)? I feel bad for all of the people at the globo gyms doing bicep curls, leg extensions, and other exercises that retard one's muscle. I guess one half of that population is uneducated and the other half is ignorant or just lazy. Now back to the things I hate:

1. Bicep curls- cause ZERO hormonal response, thus pointless. Do some pullups. O wait, you don't want to work hard...
2. Women who don't weight train because they don't want to get bulky- If 75% of the men in the gym aren't jacked, what on earth makes you think you will? Women generally do not consume enough calories nor have the proper amount of hormones to get bulky.
3. Leg extensions- Can you please tell me when you will ever use JUST your quad? Have fun retarding your muscle. Good job sport.
4. Grunting for no reason- put down the dumbbell chief, rack on 400lbs on your deadlift. Now you have permission to grunt.
5. Improper goal setting- saying you want to lose 20lbs. is not a goal. It's a statement. I want to lose 20lbs. in 3 months is a goal. See the difference?
6. Big meatheads- Bet you can't jog a full mile. I win.
7. "Know it all people and trainers"- there is no "one size, fits all" approach to training. I never claim to know every thing. I am constantly working to find out and absorb new information. Leave your ego at the door.
8. Hypersensitve people- you are the reason why our freedoms are slowly being restricted. Stop complaining. It is irritating and I do not have the patience for your kind.
9. STRAPS- if you can't hold the weight, then you can't lift it. Be a man and work on your grip strength.
10. Gloves- they're for gardeners. Rock your callouses with pride.
11. Partial squats- Going above parallel is detrimental to your knees as they act as shock absorbers when pausing above the parallel plane. Going below parallel puts less stress on the knee because it will further engage your hamstrings and glutes to stop the weight.
12. Laziness- overall, these people just piss me off...

Stay classy,

Coach A.

Who needs gloves! Thanks CrossFit San Diego!

0 comments: