Tweaking diet- removing nuts and seeds

Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2010 by InvictusCoach in
0

Workout of the Day

50-40-30-20-10 reps:

Hand to hand kettlebell swings- 1 pood (35lbs)
Squats

How to do the hand to hand KB swing

This has been a pretty active week for us over at CrossFit Westchester. Since Invictus Wrestling has been on a short hiatus, I have decided to ramp up the training a little bit. If you guys have not noticed. With all this extra time it has allowed me to focus more on CrossFit- programming, finding cool articles, and finishing my Paleo on-ramp program. Speaking of Paleo, I have decided to remove my beloved almonds, cashews, and pistachios from my diet. I would have referred to the group as "nuts" but that would have sounded entirely too... you know... Back to the subject: I eat a lot of A,C, and Ps (ACP). I don't measure either. I just scoop handfuls at a time and if I had to take a guess on how many servings of ACPs I eat per day, I'd say I am somewhere around the neighborhood of 4. If you do the math that calculates out to around 800 calories per day coming just from ACPs! Of course its good fat, but I center every meal around protein and fat. I am positive my fat intake is high enough without ACPs, so I am doing a little experiment. I am going without ACPs for 1 month, or 4 weeks, and I will take note on effects on energy levels and body composition. My hypothesis: energy levels will stay high while reducing bodyfat. Normally, any calorie decrease will resort in some kind of energy dip for a period of time. However, I am confident that my calories and fat intake are high enough to maintain the energy levels I have now. Almost like ACPs are just something "extra", something I do not necessarily need. I think I'll also drop a few pounds because of that caloric deficit. Its going to be interesting to see how my body responds. I'll do my best to keep ya'll posted weekly. Anyways... BReeZe!

Stay classy,

Coach A.


Goodbye... for now...

0 comments: